TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from third party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with CDI and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that we may collect Personal Information include:
• You may provide Personal Information directly to us through interacting with the Services, participating in live seminars and workshops, and requesting Services, or information.
• As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavour to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
INFORMATION RECORDED WHEN VISITING THIS SITE
We only make a record of your visit to this site once you have voluntarily filled out a registration form to become a member.
During work with the Site, technical non-personal information about the user such as the user’s IP address, time of the visit, and browser type and language version, may be collected automatically. We may also collect and analyze navigational information, namely the address and path of the user through the Site, actions performed at the Site, jumps to and from inner links, etc.
Personal information of the User is collected only upon prior permission from the User to collect and use certain information within these rules. Giving such permission, the User supplies such information voluntarily.
"Personal information" includes:
- Information supplied by the user during registration at the Site, including the login, full name and e-mail.
- When user registers on the Site, CDI collects additional information such as postal address and contact phone number;
- Registered users also have an option to provide additional personal information such as their school of graduation within their profiles. Each user can control what information is recorded at their “Modify profile” page.
CDI never requires users to provide genetic data, biometric data, information revealing racial or ethnic origin of users, their political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, and data concerning their health or sex life or sexual orientation.
User names are registered and used for the purpose of marketing the services of CDI.
Users may also be identified in those circumstances where as a result of a law enforcement investigation, a warrant is issued to collect information from us.
In the event that you email CDI, your email address will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided.
a. Technically Necessary Cookies
Some essential functions of our website are only possible if information is stored persistently between each page you look at. For instance, if you log in to the site to access subscriber only content, we use a cookie to remember that you are logged in, so you do not have to enter your details on each page you visit.
b. Customisation and Personalisation Cookies
c. Performance Monitoring Cookies
d. Third Party Cookies
The CDI website sometimes integrates with other companies’ sites. For example, we integrate with social networking sites such as Facebook, to make it easier for you to log in and to share what you have read. These sites place their own cookies on your browser as a result of us including their icons and ‘like’ or ‘share’ buttons on our sites.
3. How to remove or block cookies
Your internet browser has tools that allow you to remove or block cookies. More information can be found here: http://www.aboutcookies.org/
4. What will happen if I block CDI cookies?
Depending on which cookies you block, the site may stop working, or certain features may stop working correctly. If the cookies marked below as ‘technically necessary’ are blocked, the site will probably not be usable.
We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
In some cases we may collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation or by accessing your mobile device’s GPS coordinates or coarse location if you enable location services on your device. We may use location information to improve and personalise our Services for you. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your mobile device.
CDI's Services may include publicly accessible blogs, forums, or private messaging features. The Site and our other Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT REGARDING USER CONTENT
You declare that you will not submit or post any content, or post links to other content that:
• Professionally embarrasses, defames or threatens any other person
• May be considered obscene, offensive, discriminatory, culturally insensitive, distasteful or sexually explicit
• Infringes the privacy of anyone
• Infringes proprietary rights including trademark, copyright, patents of anyone
• Contains advertising or is posted for the purpose of soliciting commercial gain
• Interferes in any way with the lawful functioning of the Site or the use and enjoyment of the Site by other users, including introducing a computer virus.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We acquire, hold, use, and process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
• Generally manage Individual information and Accounts
• Respond to questions, comments, and other requests
• Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of CDI's Services
• Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support
• Allow you to register for events
Users are free to select one-click opt-out possibility to unsubscribe from promotional and advertising communications. CDI will not further send promotional and advertising messages once objection is received from a user. This one-click subscription is not available for transactional messages that are generally required. To opt-out of communications connected to transactions, users shall deactivate their accounts.